Apr 23, 2009

Dinner at 2:00 a.m.!


The other night Andrew had to work nights at the hospital so he had the grand idea of asking me to come up and have dinner with him. The downside was that he usually takes his breaks at 2 in the morning. So I thought that it'd be fun and I agreed. I was going to just make something and bring it up for him but some sense came to me and I really didn't want to make anything that early in the morning. The alternative. . . Dennys. They're the only insane joint that stays open all night. I ordered my food ahead of time and then went and picked it up. It was so crazy in there! I couldn't believe that many people that were up let alone eating at that time of night. I said to the girl at the register how crazy it was and she replied this is what we call slow. I was blown away. There's all kinds of people in there from all walks of life to put it nicely. Some people even had infants with them. It was different. Anyway, I headed up to the hospital and I had to go in the emergency entrance and by the time I got to the right elevators in the dang hospital it was after two. It was kind of an ordeal. I thought I was going to be permanently lost in the hospital. Then me and Andrew ate in a waiting room that was obviously not occupied at that time in the morning and had an out of the ordinary dinner. The food was really gross, but I'm glad that I went up and I hope that it helped him get through the rest of his shift. It was a good memory!



This is very staged but very true! :)

7 comments:

Jamie said...

You are such a great wife! Andrew is so lucky that he married you! :) Cute post and I love the staged picture!

Carlson Clan said...

That is so nice of you. Mark works nights too and I sometimes go have dinner with him but luckily his break is at 9:30pm and not 2am! The things we do for our husbands right? ;)

Jake and Gretchen said...

You are a trooper Steph! That cracks me up! So last night my phone went through the washer and I don't think I'm going to be able to revive it...so I don't have your number! Do you want to email it to me or something? That way we can still come see you. Hopefully you get this soon!

Taunya Spaulding said...

very sweet! I don't think I'd have the energy to be up at 2 in the morning! Sleep is very important to me! by the way-i added you to my blog and emailed you back so hopefully it works! let me know!

Kim, Tanys, Jason and Hailey said...

Steph- I am glad you found my blog. I wouldn't mind you adding to your blog site. Please stop by any time, I love visitors!

Brittnee said...

That's so funny about all the people in Denny's, I've experienced that place too late at night and let me tell ya, I lost my appetite ;)

Is Andrew still in school, and just doing rotations? Adam is an R.N. in the I.C.U... it's a great field to be in!

J and D said...

That's awesome. You are a good woman. =)
And Andrew-- Hang in there!