My lack of updating my blog started in December because I had a lack of motivation to do ANYTHING at all, because I found out I was PREGNANT! Yay and yuck all at the same time. I was sick again, however, not as sick as I was with Hayden. I threw up only a handful of times but was just constantly nauseous and had no desire to do anything at all. Poor Andrew would do the dishes and clean the house constantly because I didn't care if it got done at all. It was bad for a little while there. I'm glad I didn't have any unexpected guests. But I made it through the first trimester and its pretty much been a breeze since. I've been very blessed to have had such a great pregnancy!
We got through the holidays without anyone finding out and then after we let everyone know. This pregnancy has been a lot different than with Hayden so I automatically thought it could be a girl. But then I remembered that Andrew's family kicks out boys for the most part and thought it probably was a boy.
We had fun this time finding out what we were having. Our doctor put the results in a sealed envelope and then we took it down to my cousin Britt, and she made a cake for us to cut into. Thanks so much Britt!
![]() |
| Our Dr put the heart and question mark on it and handed it to us. It was so cute. |
We did it with my family and we had everyone that thought it was a girl wear pink and those that thought it was a boy wear blue.
| As you can see there was a few more that thought boy. We even asked Hayden what he thought and he said "brother" so he was put in blue too! |
So baby boy for us! It was so much fun finding out this way. But I was dying to know the results and couldn't believe I actually didn't tear the envelope open myself. I am due August 1st but I'm counting on the end of July! So 7-8 more weeks for us till little brother comes.
Hayden has been so cute about it. We ask him where little brother is all the time and he points to my stomach. He's going to be a great big brother. He's so tender hearted. . . . most of the time, and will take his stuffed animals and put them on his shoulder and pat them on the back soft. I hope that's an indication of how he'll be with this little guy.
Hayden has been so cute about it. We ask him where little brother is all the time and he points to my stomach. He's going to be a great big brother. He's so tender hearted. . . . most of the time, and will take his stuffed animals and put them on his shoulder and pat them on the back soft. I hope that's an indication of how he'll be with this little guy.
I have had a great pregnancy but some REALLY weird things said to me during it. I'm pretty sure I wont ever forget some of them but I want to document this particular one so I can remember how stupid some people really are!
So I had this one lady and she doesn't really know me that well only on a professional level. I was scheduling my next appointment with her and I had mentioned that the day of my next appointment was when I was going to find out what I was having. She replied " Oh, I bet you're having a girl." I asked her what made her think that. She said that it was an old Indian way of telling. RED FLAG there. I said ok what's that. She said that I shouldn't get offended or take this the wrong way. RED FLAG #2! Then she seriously said this "Well the Indians believe that when you're having a girl it steals your beauty. I've noticed since you've been pregnant that you've broken out a lot." I about died. There were numerous things that ran through my head of what to say back but all I said was "oh really" and then left. When I went back for my appointment she never asked me what I was having. It was probably best.
I've had other things said to me that were really weird and after they said them I wanted to send them to the much needed class for our society "what not to say to a pregnant girl". Oh well, I had to just brush it off and move on. I'm just thankful that I have a healthy baby so far and can't wait to meet the little guy. But what we have to go through to get them here :)

2 comments:
Congrats Steph! I have seriously been wondering if you were pregnant since you have been MIA in the blog world. ;) I am glad things are going well and so excited for you. You will love having two. Good luck with everything!
What a cute idea! You have the cutest family. I just love you guys! Good luck with the new baby boy! =)
Post a Comment