Andrew has been a really good sport through the pregnancy. He's been there for me whenever I need anything emotionally and physically. He's always telling me how cute I am with my tummy and sympathized when I couldn't fit into some of my clothes. However, some of that sympathy turned into empathy when recently he's been having some trouble fitting comfortably into some of his pants as well. When his clothes started "shrinking" I showed him some famous stretches that probably every girl knows how to do to make their pants roomier. Because everyone knows that pants straight from the dryer don't have that broke in feeling yet :) He did them and it seemed to work. But it started hitting home when he couldn't do that with his church pants. He can still fit into them, but they're really uncomfortable. Just this last week after church we compared how we both had marks on our hips- mine from my nylons and his from the pants.
So on Monday I told him that I was going over to my mom's to do yoga. I asked him if he wanted to go do it with us. He probably would have totally shut me down, but his dad has done yoga in the past and told him how much he liked it. This yoga is pretty advanced though and it's an hour and a half long. It's an actual work out yoga. He really didn't want to come so I didn't force him, but I was really trying to get him to go. What did it was when he got on the scale and weighed himself. It was really funny actually because all of the sudden he said "Oh my heck Steph. I'm at an all time high!" My reply was "So am I. I know how you feel" :)
After that reality check he went a little crazy. He decided that he was going to run over to my parent's house and do yoga. He didn't think the yoga would be that hard . . . little did he know. He was a pretty good sport and did most of it. I think he has an appreciation for it now.
Our yoga date- doing the tree pose
I'm so thankful for Andrew and the fun guy that he is. He always makes me feel like I'm #1 in his life. Eventhough he has so much going on and things that he's dealing with in his life right now. I so appreciate him for that. He even has gone as far as gained weight with me through the pregnancy. . . what a guy! I love you Andrew!
7 comments:
haha, so funny!
I am glad you're feeling so great, it makes everything so nice and enjoyable. I didn't think pregnancy was bad either.
Sorry about the weight gain Andrew :) The sad thing is that he won't suddenly drop a lot of weight in a few months when you do. lol
Steph! Are you even pregnant?!! You are SO small! I'm sure you don't feel like it but take it from me - you definitely are. So stinking cute. You should post some actual belly shots. That cracks me up that Andrew has been gaining weight too. Hilarious. What a nice guy for being there with you for literally everything. ;)
Hilarious! Love the title and what a great husband to gain weight with you during your pregnancy, which by the way you are still so small!! Lucky:)
So I never got to say CONGRATS on a boy!! Yea!! That is so awesome. Boys are so much fun. I'm so excited for you guys! I can't believe you are in your third trimester already! You look great. I'm probably still bigger than you with all my "leftovers" from the girls. Yuck. I'm glad you are feeling good!
Oh my gosh that is so funny! Everytime that I have been pregnant Justin has gained weight too. I had to laugh at your post because right now all Justin complains about is how he can't fit into any of his pants. He joined the gym a month ago and has been going but it is just so funny!
Tell Andrew that Justin has a pilates tape that he works out to that Andrew can borrow. :)
Poor Andrew! I've heard of men gaining right along with their wives that is so funny. I'm glad things are going good. I wish you would've turned to the side so we could see your baby bump!!
ok...so...where's your baby bump?? You honestly can't even tell! You look extremely cute! :)How sweet that Andrew is putting on weight along with you :) now he knows how it feels to wake up one morning and go from a size 7 to a size 13! it sucks! i can't wait til i can start losing my baby fat! i'm so glad that you are feeling great! and it does seem like your pregnancy is going by fast! good luck with everything!!
Post a Comment