Mar 29, 2010

Baby room and 3rd Trimester

Andrew and I have FINALLY finished the baby's room and now we just go in there just to look at it randomly. We do have to say we're pretty proud of ourselves, because of all the sweat , blood, and tears that went into it :) It was funny after we got it all finished and everything set up Andrew said that it looked like someone professional came in and did it. I told him that we were professional after all that. We figured it took us about 10 hours to do or more. We lost track after that. We had to seperate it into days so that it could all dry before we taped and caulked the other set of stripes. I do have to admit that I was quite the stickler on trying to get it done, because our house was in shambles. We had things moved out, paint stuff everywhere, things waiting to be set up. It was driving me crazy, so a lot of weekends we didn't do anything but paint. We had a lot of fun doing it together though.


My massage room cleaned out and before it turned baby


Already 10 hours into it probably at this point

Finished product



I decided that I should probably take a picture of my increasing tummy so I can remember with each pregnancy. I've had people tell me how "cute" it is, but I've also decided that it's always cute on someone other than yourself. I have been extremely lucky to still be feeling really good and able to do everything. It has started getting harder to put on my socks and shoes though. I really feel for those Biggest Loser people now that couldn't do that either. Andrew laughs at me when I have to bend over and I sort of grunt while trying to breath. I'm sure it's really attractive. All in all I can't complain and am really happy with how my body is dealing with being pregnant.


28 weeks

10 comments:

Jamie said...

I love love love love the new room! You guys did such a great job! It really does look like a picture on a decorating website or something. You know, the kind of picture that you would love to have but know you could never do yourself? :) Looks awesome!

And, I am so proud of you for taking a picture of your cute little bump! You look so good. You will be so happy that you took that picture someday! I promise!

The Boyle's said...

The room looks awesome. Super impressed. Way to go. We are renting right now and I wish so bad I could paint Zoey's room. So you don't even look that far along. You look great girl. I swear my bump was humongous. You definitely will be glad that you took that pic. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. I am excited for you:)

Taunya Spaulding said...

OH! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! YOU ARE SO TINY!!! Are you even in maternity clothes?? I love the room! good job! those are kind of the colors that we used for our baby's room-but I didn't have the patience to tape off stripes...it looks really cute! :) I'm glad that you are feeling great throughout your pregnancy and congrats on making it to the 3rd trimester! 10 weeks to go!

Abe n Linz said...

It looks awesome you guys! We didn't get Crew's room done until the very end of my pregnancy. I guess it just took being told I was dilated to get things finished. Way to be on top of things. I am so excited for you.
I agree with everyone else, you'll like having your pictures later. Plus when you're 40 weeks you'll look back and appreciate how small you were. At least that's what I did :)

lol, I so did the grunting thing too! Sounds just make it easier.

Carlson Clan said...

LOVE the room! Maybe I'll have to hire you and Andrew to come do my nursery for our next baby. =) You really are SO tiny! I know you probably don't feel that way because there's a lot of baby in there but it looks like most of it's in your back. You're lucky! You're going to be such a great Mama Steph!

Jake and Gretchen said...

How cute are you?! I'm sure you have people coming up to you, rubbing your tummy and saying, "Oh!" And you cut your hair! It looks so good. I have always been so scared to cut mine what with the curly hair and all...I know you know what I mean (: Good job with the lil guys room. I love it!

Johnson Family said...

Wow it turned out great!!!!I know how long and hard that painting process can be, especially with stripes. It is well worth it though because it looks great!!!

You look amazingly fabulous yourself darling!

Patty Sue Martin said...

I'm so glad your feeling good! Everything looks so great, you the room everything!! You guys did such a good job on the room!

Miquelyn Hollingsworth said...

The room looks amazing! I'm looking forward to doing all that decorating in there once we find out what we're having. And you look so adorable pregnant! I hop eI stay as little as you!

Blatter said...

Hey I found your blog on Taunya's. Just wanted to say you are probably the cutest pregnant girl in the world! You carry it so well! Congrats and good luck!