Don't mind the "palm bangs" in my face. . . I need them. My last post explains that :)
The family that Andrew and I watch their kids when they're gone has a house in Arizona and they said that we could go down and use it. . . however Andrew didn't get to go. But the girls took advantage of the offer and made it a girls trip. I have the funnest family ever! My two hilarious aunts Kay and Connie went. Along with my fun mom, kid sister :), and 3 sun seeking cousin's Chantel, Lacey, and Hailey. We were quite the group.
We got really cheap flights out of Idaho Falls to Mesa and the house was 4 miles away from the airport. When we got off the plane we immediately went outside took off our winter coats, sweaters, snow pants, long johns, wool socks, stocking caps, mittens. . . ya get the picture and basked in the sun. Oh it was so wonderful! The goal was to soak up as much vitamin D as possible. We really just hung out by their pool, did some shopping, and ate. What more do you need to do then that. It was so fun.
Kinz and I bought the same swimming suit (WalMart special!)
The pool was FREEZING! Psych, we weren't jumping in. Unless you're Hailey and she jumped. She's crazy!
She came up gasping! It was so cold it made your skin hurt.
I wish I could of got more pictures of the aunts. They were always behind the camera!
When we all went somewhere we loaded up in the suburban and stayed in the same seats. When we would make decisions we would do it by rows. Well middle row which consisted of me, A. Connie, and Chan, ALWAYS :) made all of the decisions on where to eat, where to shop, etc. Whenever anything was good or turned out right we always would say "Good job middle row!" But then back row would always chime in "no back row was the ones that said Mongolian. . . " Right, back row. . . keep on thinking that :)
Back row babes
Shopping in SanTan Village. Oh Arizona, how we love you!
Thanks SO much to my fun, fun, aunts and mom for paying for a lot of the trip. We love you guys so much and appreciate all that you do for us. We made some great memories and can't wait to do it again.
Thanks so much Andrew who stayed home with Hayden and when he had to go to school on Monday Tiff came over at 6:15!!! and was there when Hayden woke up and then took him over to her house to watch him till I got home that afternoon. We SO appreciate her. Hayden loved playing with Cade. They are so cute together. I have the greatest family ever!
I also appreciate my sweet husband that encouraged me to go when in all reality he should have been the one taking the break. Andrew has been working so hard with school and work. He has been so selfless while doing all of this and I can't put in words how much I admire and love him. He is my one and only and I love him more and more every day. Thanks again, Andrew, for letting me take a break and doing so great at being Mr. Mom.
Hayden was turning his hat around and then it ended up looking like this. Peter Pan style or something. He told me when I got home that he had tons of fun with Dad!








7 comments:
Soo like my dad owns like Arizona sooo.... hahah good times kid! Thanks for postin and letting me be on the blog. I love the picture of mom and her pose against the rock. Classic. I am glad she found the camera this time. Haynin figured out the Peter Pan look so where are his lost boys, and what about sleigh bells at Christmas, Sna??
Looks like a lot of fun. What a good husband to want you to go and spend extra time with Hayden.
ok i'm so jealous!! i am so stinkin tired of this gloomy weather we are having!! looks like you had a great time be away from being mom! :) i love those kind of vacations! :) it's hard to come back to reality though....
Jealous! It looks like you had so much fun. That is so great that you have a husband who realizes the importance of girl time. =) After all, the saying "if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" is definitely true at our house!
K that is so crazy. Nichela lives in Queen Creek just minutes from that airport. My sisters and I had a girls weekend there in November and did the shopping at SanTan and everything! I hear the weather is awesome right now and I can't wait cus I'm going in April with my parents again! Gotta take advantage while the girls are under two! (: Anyways....so glad you went! This really is a crappy time of year and its just does something to be able to sit in the sun again!
Hey Mom here!!What the heck, I want retakes on those pictures. I look 50 pounds heavier than I think I am. Yeah we had fun eating but really??? I had a blast with everyone, we can't get away soon enough. We do have a way fun fam....sure hope more can come next time.
How fun! I wish I could go somewhere nice and warm right now. Andrew is such a good guy to keep little Hayden!
Post a Comment