![]() |
| We love summer! |
![]() |
| Proud Parents |
After looking at these pictures I can't believe how big he is now. He's had a rough little go these passed few weeks however. We're still trying to figure things out along the way. I've had to supplement more with formula, because I'm not producing as much milk or he's just wanting more. Which frustrates me because I had SO much in the beginning. Andrew teases me and says he's going to have to put me down because I'm not producing and that leaves another mouth to feed this winter. . . I must have some good self esteem when I don't mind being referred to as a cow :) But since using the formula Hayden's little tummy hasn't liked it all that much. So he's been fussy and has been crying a lot. I can't complain too much though because he sleeps through the night and has since he was about 7 weeks old. Which I didn't know was uncommon until I talked to other moms. He usually will go down about 8-8:30 p.m. and wakes up around 7-7:30 the next morning. I LOVE it!
We're excited to get our new pictures and see how much he's changed. It's crazy how fast they grow!








4 comments:
what formula is he on?? we had the same problem with garrett! We started him on Enfamil Premium and he would just squirm and scream with that one! Then after about $1,000 later, we found one that has worked wonders for him! it's Similac Sensitive and it comes in an orange/white can. Or if you're trying to save money on brand names there is the Target brand "infant formula with iron lactose-sensitive powder" it's cheaper and you get more for your money! it comes in like a 25oz. can! :)It has the exact same vitamins, minerals, and nutrients as Similac.
Sorry, i'm just letting you know because i was getting so frustrated that nothing was working! So good luck and i hope you find the right formula that will work for him! :)
Love the pics! They are so cute!! :) You have a darling family!
Oh my gosh. I'm STILL laughing about Andrew's comment. That is downright hysterical! My milk is the same way. Tons in the beginning but not enough to keep my kids full after the first couple months. It's annoying! And I'm SO jealous that Hayden is such a good sleeper! I'm positive I'd have lots more kids if they would sleep that good! And those pics are absolutely adorable btw!
FYI-If you think is tummy is not liking the formula ask your pediatrician for samples of others (that is why they have them ;)) then you don't have to be out big bucks for a formula that doesn't agree with your little one.
Glad things are going well for you! Just wanted to let you know, the best way to make more milk is to NOT supplement. The more you supplement the more it tells your body you don't need that milk and the less you will produce. He may seem hungrier just because BM is very easy to digest and only takes about 90 minutes to digest. If you really want to make more milk I suggest just to let him nurse nurse nurse all day long. The more he nurses the more prolactin receptors are made in your breast tissue and it will signal your body to make more milk. it may take a day or 2 to see a noticable difference but I promise your body will get the memo. here's a link if you want some great information: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/milkproduction.html
I'm studying to be a lactation consultant so if you have any questions or want any more info please let me know! heidiuc413@yahoo.com
Post a Comment