Here's some pictures of the "camp out"
What's funny about our tent is that it's really not a tent. It's a play hut. It did the trick however!

Getting ready. My mom and I slept on the air mattress.
All set up. It looks small, but if fit all three of us. . . and there's room for you too Andrew!
So funny!
All ready for bed in our "camp out clothes"
After we were all in there for the night and we were just talking. My mom told us to think of something fun that we remembered about summer. I told this FUNNY STORY to them and I want to post it on here because some that read my blog will remember it and get a good laugh!
I wont disclose the names to protect the innocent :) (you know who you are though.) When I was in 8th grade there were 5 of us, I think, that went up to my friend's cabin in Island Park. They have a cabin right by the lake. We decided that we were going to go skinny dipping one of the nights. We planned it and decided how we were going to do it and then stayed up late one night after everyone (my friend's family) was a sleep and went down to the dock in our towels. We decided that we would all jump in together and promised that we wouldn't look at each other. So we all stood in a line at the end of the dock and dropped our towels and held hands. We all were laughing really hard because we didn't want to jump in cuz we knew the water was sooo cold! And I don't know what made this happen, maybe it was the ever so slight sloshing of the water on the dock, but we got laughing and a couple of us uncontrollably started peeing on the dock! It was so funny cuz one started and then another started and so on. We sounded like a herd of jersey cows peeing all at once. Then that escalated the laughter! Finally, after we all got the courage, and stopped peeing, counted and we all jumped in. When we all came up we were gasping like crazy! We also decided to have a order that we would get out because some of us were scared to be in the water. . . that didn't last long we all swam to the dock. Let's just say there was more than one full moon that night!
That story is something that I'll always remember and I'm thankful to my mom for encouraging me to reminisce about the fun things of summer. I'm grateful that I had great friends through school that kept me out of trouble. . . somewhat :) I'm also thankful for a great family that is so spontaneous and isn't afraid to do anything. Thanks mom and Kinz for a great memory to add to the bank. I'm so blessed to have such awesome people in my life!
6 comments:
LOVED your story! Sooo funny! Looks like you guys had a great time! :)
Oh my word!! I just found your blog and I'm sooo glad I did. I laughed my head off at this post. Hope you all are doing well. :-)
Okay, I'm crying I'm laughing so hard. I literally JUST told this story the other day to Mark. For probably the tenth time too! Not that I was there! ;) I love how fun your mom is. I hope I'm like that too and not a party pooper.
Ba ha! Unfortunately I missed this one because I was in England. But I sure remember all the accounts of that story!! Your mom is hilarious. I love her!
ha! ha! that story is hilarious! you 3 girls look like you have so much fun together!
What a fun "camp out" you guys are too funny! Poor Andrew:( but he gets to come home really soon!! I was dying laughing at your story!!
Post a Comment