May 4, 2009

A handful of "lasts". . .

We had a very busy weekend! The reason why it was so busy is because it was Andrew's last weekend here for awhile (awhile meaning 4 months :( For those of you that don't know Andrew is going to be living in Florida for the summer. He is going to be installing security systems for APX again. So once again I will be a widow for awhile. I forget every time that he does this how hard it actually is for me when he leaves. My brother, Trent, is going to be going with him too and they will be living together. It will be really fun for them and Emily, his wife, and I are a little worried that they will have too much fun. Emily and I have been having a really hard time this passed week or so with what we call "break downs." We'll be driving or sitting there or doing nothing at all and just start crying. It has not been fun, but I just have to remember that it's the very hardest when he leaves and then after that I get over it and just try to stay busy.
Our weekend started with going to the temple on Friday. We went with my family (minus Kinz. She feels left out, but we were thinking of her :). It was really nice having everyone there together. We had ice cream afterwards. I think those two go together. Saturday after work we had a dinner with Andrew's family. It was really good. We kinda just sat around and talked and after awhile we were headed to our next get together. It was at Andrew's uncle Chad's house. We love to get together and play a group game called Curse of the Wolfen. I'm not even going to explain it because it sounds so retarded but it is so much fun and we are pretty much addicted to it.
On Sunday we went to a baby blessing. My cousins Kassie and Jeremy blessed their little baby Hope. Of course there was food involved as well. We ate and sat around. My mom said that we all looked like a pride of lions laying around. It's very true. In our down time we went over to my brother Trent's house and watched Marley and Me. It was pretty much a tear jerker and even Andrew got teary eyed, but he wont admit that to anyone. I think it gave me an excuse just to cry.
Then to round out our night we headed up to Andrew's brother Jarom's house to watch the Amazing Race. We don't have cable so whoever lets us come over and watch our shows we do it. We are addicted to the Amazing Race and even considered trying out for it when there was try outs in Idaho Falls, but we got some reasoning and decided against it.
Our weekend was really busy and I think we pretty much did as much as we could fit in one weekend. I guess you could say that Andrew filled his canteen :) I keep on saying that I feel like I'm sending him out on a mission or that he has only so much time to live. It's really bad. I would really hate to be in that situation for real.
I didn't take any pictures of our events but we did take a picture of an event that was pretty special. Andrew made this cake all by himself (with a little tutoring over the phone). It was really good and I'm really proud of him. That's what's great about Andrew, he tries things that maybe he's not that comfortable with doing. He is the best husband and I couldn't have asked for anyone better. I love him and I'm going to miss him really bad and I won't get used to him being gone. However, what we do like about this experience is that it strengthens our relationship and we realize how much we do for one another. If strengthening our realtionship is all we take away from this experience then it's worth it!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Steph, darn it, you made me teary eyed! :) I feel bad for both you guys being without each other. I hope that you will call us and we can hang out. I am TOTALLY up for some girls nights out! Dave isn't on his crazy schedule anymore...so any time is girls night out time!!! :)

Don't cry too many tears! We are here if you need ANYTHING!

Brett and Cherice said...

What a great weekend, you too were busy!:) That is good you will have Emily right across the street to help each other through:) I will also be a widow soon:( Brett is going to Hawaii for work (he is really upset about that, yeah right:) Anywho, we will need to do something.:) Be strong:)

Carlson Clan said...

That sounds like a fun weekend. Mark left for training when he was in the Marine Corps for four months too so I know exactly what you're going through. Let me know if you need a shoulder to cry on or something to do to keep you busy! I would love to see you again. Good luck with him being gone. I always just tried to make sure there was noise in my house - music, a movie in the background, whatever to make it seem like I wasn't alone!

Taunya Spaulding said...

oh no! 4 months! I don't know how you do it-i'd go crazy! If you need anything don't hesitate to call or email me or something!