Andrew and I were engaged for 6 months. Not by choice, but he was already committed to do APX ( a security system company) and he left to do that in May. I would not recommend doing that while you are engaged. It ended up being a crazy summer but it was fun when we look back.
He first went to Colorado Springs. . .
I drove out with him and got him settled in. . .but little did he know that he wasn't going to be settling too long there. . . a week.
Then to Fairfax, Virgina . . .
I flew out to Colorado and made the road trip across the country 2200 miles! We stopped along the way in a park and took this picture. I got him settled in Virginia. . . and three weeks later he was off again.
Then to San Antonio. . .

I got to visit and we walked down the river walk and went to the alimo. What was fun about that trip was I got to visit Andrew's mission in Houston as well. I got to meet some of his favorite families. This was his longest stay yet (just over 2 months) then he was off yet again.
To Idaho. . .
He drove home and surprised me and then flew out the next day to Washington D.C for a three week finale!

Over the whole summer Andrew put 15,000 miles on his car Rachel (he named her :). When we look back on the summer we're thankful for the time that we had a part because it really taught us how to communicate and we learned a lot about each other before we were married. I wish I could say that we haven't spent anymore summers apart but Andrew and I have only spent one summer together in Idaho since we were married (and it wont be the last unfortunately). But we have got to see some fun places together.
2 comments:
Ahhh...cute story! :) I like to hear the "behind the scenes" stories that I didn't know before! :)
So cute and so fun to go to all those places! You guys look like you have a lot of fun together.
Post a Comment