Recent events have got me thinking lately about "real life" opposed to "blog life." I've noticed that all of my post have been about fun, exciting, or new things that have happened in Andrew and I's life. What I've left out a lot of is the hard struggles that happen, which is apart of life as well. This post is going to be about "real life." The stuff that people don't necessarily want to read about, but it's the hard things that make us human and not seem like EVERYTHING is just picture perfect.
I have been having a huge struggle these past few years with my employers. I absolutely love what I do and I have thoroughly enjoyed working on my patients and getting to know them. I've had some tell me that I know more about them than some of their own family. I value their confidence in me. However, my employers have not made my experience there a happy one. So, last Wednesday, on our anniversary, I got fired from my job. I am proud to say that I got fired, because of what I got fired over. They wanted me to sign an office policy (that they just sprang on us) that I couldn't follow. I didn't feel right about signing it and breaking a contract even though they probably wouldn't ever even know that I was breaking it. They told me they wouldn't make exceptions for me and that I couldn't have employment there. I told them ok and was done.
This experience has been a life altering experience for us and has made me really kick it into high gear. It's pushed me to get out on my own and do something that I've been wanting to do for a long time, but have been in a comfort zone that I didn't want to get out of. Change is a good thing and I'm excited for this new adventure. I am going to be renting an awesome space at Liberty Square that is in Ammon to do my massage business. I am so grateful to my brother Trent for doing a lot of the leg work for me. I wouldn't have had this opportunity if it wasn't for him. He's introduced me to an awesome business man that can see my same vision in what I want to do. It's refreshing to finally be working with great people!
I see loosing my job as not a bad thing, but as something that was supposed to happen so I'll learn and progress. I know that we have struggles so that we get stronger and so we can turn around and help others along their way. So in a way I feel like I should thank my previous employers for helping me break that chain of monotony, because I'm going to be better because of it!
7 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear that Steph but good for you for doing what you felt was right. And I was literally sitting here reading your blog and thinking "I need a massage" so now that I know where you'll be maybe I'll have to hit you up!
I LOVE your "real life" post! I am so excited for you and your new opportunity, even though it had to come through a not fun experience. You are going to be great! Good luck!
Hey Steph-- wow! Sorry about your job. That sucks but way to stick to what you know is right.
Liberty Square is right down the road from me. And my friends and I have been talking about where we could go to get a massage....Send me some info about your business- when you get up and going- jeannadot@ yahoo.com
Wow that is life changing. But what a great thing to be starting your own business!!!!
sorry you lost your job but awesome news on opening your own massage place! good luck with everything! I believe that things do happen for a reason! :)
Crazy!
Have fun running your own business. It's so much better!! If you want I can send you information for old clients up there, that have requested referals, that you can mail stuff to. I am sure they would appreciate it. Best of luck.
Talk about a little jump start on your plans for the future! That is so crazy that we were just talking about all this stuff. You are obviously in tune because you already had a plan! Sometimes change is so scary (I think I have a heavy dose of it heading my way!)but I'm excited for you and I think you will do awesome! So fun to see you!
Post a Comment